JRM Stonework is a small professional stonemasonry company specialising in traditional dry stone walling.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to take on the role of labourer. The yard is in Coromandel Valley and most of our work is the Adelaide Hills and surrounds. However due to the specialized nature of the company, we do undertake projects throughout South Australia.
· You will be required to perform a variety of tasks including laying stone, mixing mortar, deliveries of stone and other materials, lifting stone, site cleaning, moving stone, assisting on-site tradesmen, digging holes, and other duties as directed
· Will include informal and on-the-job training
· You will be required to work as part of a close team, and at times, independently
· Must have some relevant experience (stonemasonry or landscaping etc)
· Must be willing to learn the basics of dry stone walling and traditional stonemasonry
· Must have a generous supply of common sense
· Must be neat, honest and reliable
· Must be positive, proactive, patient and punctual
· Must be able to survive till break times without checking phone, maybe a whole day if we are working on a remote site
· A current drivers licence is essential, MR truck licence is a bonus
· White card preferred
· Long hard days, with the option of overtime and some weekend work
· You will get to work in some of the most picturesque parts of South Australia
· The satisfaction of knowing that you played a part in building something that will outlive you, by about 200 years
· You’ll be supplied with uniform and all required PPE
· Full support and training from management and support staff
· Family business
Remuneration package offered will be based on applicant’s experience.
Please send applications with CV and references to:
0438 44 99 68